Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Peppery, Toodles, Skateboards and a Ring Bell


My daughter says the FUNNIEST things.  I really do wonder what goes on in that blonde head of her’s!
One of her favorite shows is Jeopardy.  Every day when it comes on she proudly announces, “This is Peppery!”  I tried once or twice to correct it then decided I like it better her way.
This morning, during our daily Mickey Mouse Clubhouse marathon, I made the mistake of saying “Oh Toodles!” when it was time for Toodles to come out.  Addi looked up at me and said, “You don’t say “Oh Toodles!  You’re too big!”  My mistake…
During the same episode, Goofy was on a skateboard and Addi looked at me and said very matter of fact like, “Mom, Goofy has my skateboard and won’t give it back!” I just looked at her trying to figure out if I should laugh or answer.  She quickly said, “Mom, Goofy said that not my skateboard and he not gonna give it back.  I not like him on Mickey Mouse anymore.  Mickey needs a new friend.”  Through my laughter, I answered and said, “Addi, I think that’s Goofy’s skateboard.”  Her answer? “Well, I guess.  Mine is pink and that isn’t.  He can still be Mickey’s friend…maybe.”  Funny thing is, Addi doesn’t have a skateboard at all!
After all of that, she sat down with a bowl of cereal and very emphatically said, “Mom, if the somebody rings the ring bell, I’m not going to answer it.  People can’t see us in our pj’s!”  The ring bell is the doorbell, in case you were wondering.
All of this and it’s not even 10AM yet!

No comments: